Friday, April 15, 2011

Milani Hair Extensions vs Jessica Simpson Hairdo Hair Extensions REVIEW

I am fascinated with the clip in hair extensions and wanted to try both of these brands out to see which I liked best. Both are made of 100% human hair, and can be cut, died, and styled with hot tools (at a low setting). Both have the same kind of clips used to attach to the hair. I really liked the Jessica Simpson packaging. It was also easy to get the hair in and out of where the Milani Hair packaging is a bit more work to get the hair back into!


The Milani Hair extensions were very close to my natural color. It comes in several smaller pieces you attach throughout your hair, starting at the bottom. It also has side pieces to frame the face which I loved and thought made the extensions look more natural. They were easy to clip in, looked flat and undetectable on my head, and were comfortable to wear. I also liked the feel of the hair. It blended really well into my hair and I was very satisfied with the results.

Here are pictures of the Milani Hair extensions in my hair:





The Jessica Simpson Hairdo extensions comes as one big extension you apply to the bottom half of your head. You put the bottom half of your hair up into pin curls and try to smooth them out flat so they can be tucked into the extension. Although the extension was the closest I could find to my hair color, it didn't match. It was totally obvious it was an extension. I found the extension hard to place and hard to wrap around the bottom half of my hair. I didn't think it looked flat once it was on either. It was also difficult to take off. The clips stayed in well but were hard to get out. I also found it to be heavy and would probably not want to wear it for very long. I also didn't like the feel of the hair as much as the Milani Extensions.

Here are pictures of the Jessica Simpson Extensions in my hair:





Verdict on Jessica Simpson extensions: For $200 for these extensions, Don't waste your money. The Milani Hair extensions are about the same price and well worth the money. I have no doubt I will get my money out of the Milani Hair Extenions! I'm thrilled to start wearing them out!




Here is a picture of the packaging for both:



To get an idea of how theses extensions looked in my hair, here are pictures of my hair before extensions:















27 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I've been looking for something great for my wedding & didn't know where to spend my $$! You're awesome & look super cute in those Milani's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :) You won't be disspointed with them! They are amazing extensions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say Thank You for all of the hard work and dedication that goes into your blog. I really enjoy the beauty reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jo Ann! I sure appreciate the feedback! it totally made my day! Thank you for following my blog! xo xo

      Delete
  4. neat review. i have always wondered what they would be like. i have a lot shorter hair than you ... wonder about for me? curious???! ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they would! They are supposed to work for lots of different lengths! Thanks so much for your comment Beth! xo xo

      Delete
  5. I want to try extensions this summer to see if can used to them -- my hair won't grow past my shoulders! #frustrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to have the same problem so i was so excited to try extensions! I got so many compliments on my Milani extensions and they stayed put no problem and looked and felt so real! Love them!

      Delete
  6. Very good review. I've been thinking about some and your advice comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment and for following my blog! xo xo

      Delete
  7. Thanks for this post! I went and bought some Milani Hair #4 Milk Chocolate 20'' hair extensions and they were EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR! The feel and look is so much more natural then most other hair extensions I have tried and I have tried A LOT! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! so glad it helped you out and you love them as much as i love mine! xo xo

      Delete
  8. wow, I have been looking into getting these but never had the money but i really like this because it can be done at home. thank you for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment and for supporting my blog Chelsea! xo xo

      Delete
  9. I glad you like the hair extentions but the thought of wearing someone else hair in mine just turned me off. I do admit they look natural on her .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this--I definitely like the look of the first ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've tried the Jessica Simpson brand but not the Milani. I'm glad to know the Milani feel better, because I wasn't sold on the Simpson brand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hair is so fine that I have trouble keeping any accessories in. I wonder if these would work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!this is awesome, hope to have this and try different style

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Thanks for posting. Wish we have like that at my end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the review! I am so obsessed with hair extensions and I have been wanting to try HairDo by Jessica Simpson but they are so expensive that I have not been able to afford them. I am glad to read an honest review comparing them with a less expensive, but equally good item. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a diference! It's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete